Kopbeenskloof provides tarred roads for most of your travelling convenience to this destination (to get to this working farm you travel less than 10 km on gravel road). Furthermore, entry to all accommodation sites is accessible by any vehicle (including buses for larger groups).
Various facilities are offered on this working farm for you to utilise at reasonable rates:
- Three thousand hectares to explore in an agricultural and fynbos area. This aspiring organic farm is ideal for exposure/education of learners from urban areas. Close-up experiences with Dorper sheep, piglets, goats and geese are sure to delight them. Yet most of the farm is a nature-lover’s dream whether for environmental tuition or for restful breakaways.
- A huge hall for functions or gatherings (including indoor sports) and a smaller conference/meeting room. Electricity and a sound system, together with a big-screen projection setup, are also available here.
- Adjoining kitchen facilities equipped to cater for groups up to 200 people. (Preparation of meals can be included in your quotation if you wish to concentrate on the programme for your group.) This includes a boma with large-scale braai facilities, as well as spit-roast catering for your party celebration. Sinks with running water can be used when you light your fire on the open lawn braai area.
- Cleared parking area where vehicles are kept safe during your stay.
- Well-marked 4×4 routes with varying levels of difficulty; when the going is easy you can take in the scenery, but you can also challenge yourself with a proper five star descent that will test your technical abilities and also your off-road vehicle. For these sections you’ll need low range 4×4, other routes are suitable for all-wheel drive vehicles with good ground clearance. Where required, escape routes are laid out.
- Jeep-track trails and farm roads for mountain biking or hiking (whether serious or for leisure). Roads are also level enough for leisurely or serious jogging.
- Open camp sites with ablution facilities for small to larger groups. Just bring your tents, caravans or camping trailers. Ablution includes flush toilets and hot showers (gender separate).
- A well-stocked farm dam for the fishing enthusiast. You can show children the ropes when it comes to your angling know-how.