Kopbeenskloof allows you to create your own adventure and the possibilities vary after the manner of this well-conserved terrain .
Kopbeenskloof is ideal for camps, mostly for educational purposes but equally suitable for recreational camping or weekender groups. The self-catering facilities are most suitable for family breakaways where you can do your own thing.
With the extensive facilities it has also become popular for events such as:
- Corporate or teambuilding weekends
- Parent and child or church camps
- Party venue for those special anniversary celebrations.
The infrastructure, of course, also allows for:
- 4×4 trail rides
- Mountain biking
- Running (see trail run below) or jogging
- Hiking or leisurely walks simply to enjoy nature
- Indoor sports like badminton and netball
(when the weather limits outdoor activities)
There’s also a secluded camping area (no comfort facilities) if you wish for an opportunity to test your equipment before that distant inland trip.
With Kopbeenskloof as your base, you can take into any direction to enjoy the attractions of the region. The following are in easy daytime travelling distance:
- Montagu’s famous mountain tractor trip
- Montagu Springs resort
- The fertile Koo valley (excellent dried fruit)
- Historic Matjiesfontein
- Sutherland’s telescopes
- Numerous nature reserves: Matroosberg, Vrolijkheid, Dassieshoek
- Picturesque Hex river valley (table grapes at De Doorns)
- Kleinplasie agri-museum (Worcester)
- Taste award-winning wines from Robertson, Ceres, Rawsonville, Worcester (Breede River) routes
- Many countryside restaurants with a variety of cuisine to choose from.